Sunday, May 23, 2010

Black parade.

The mask that I wear,
May not be the most picturesque one.
But I imagine it as shimmering white in colour, golden sequined around the eyes with a feather of a peacock at the top side of my left eye.
The mask that I wear,
They do not see the real me.
Only the paper face that I meticulously put on each time I leave home.
The mask that I wear,
Does it reflect who I am underneath?
Being sincere? Or just fake.
The mask that I wear,
Hides the ugliness of my doomed soul.
Disguises the true feelings in my heart.

The mask that I wear,
Look around.
Do not be astonished that everyone wears one too.
The mask that I wear,
Pretending to be good.
Hiding our sins.
The mask that I wear,
Strolling around, looking at each other's mask.
Beneath these masks, written all over us are words like anger, jealousy, impatience, stubborn-ness and selfishness.
The mask that I wear,
Life is a masquerade.
So get ready and put on your mask for the ball.

The mask that I wear,
Despite of how perfect you want to be, along the way somehow you will get jaded.
For you are not being your true inner self.
The mask that I wear,
After all the hurt, hidden and silent tears, it gets worn out and you will need a new mask.
But how many more do we need to face this life? It will never be adequate.
The mask that I wear,
Do not lose yourself to the black parade.
Cut your mask with a sharp blade, let it tear and watch it burn in red hot blazing fire.

The mask that I do not wear,
Take a ride on a merry-go-round and show off your real face.
Smile gleefully with everyone else and be genuine.

Yours truly.


I dare you. To take off your mask.

No comments: