Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fear of Ghost?


Keyi is one awesome friend who loves to drink soup. The Chinese kind. So on her birthday, we decided to treat her to eat at Ru Jia's Cafe (I think) at Sunway Pyramid. I really hope she's touched because I walked all the way from college okay. Alone some more! Met up with Catherine, Cai Ling, Hwee San and of course, her in front of Mango.

Anyway, food was good. We ordered three kinds of soup. Herbal, old cucumber and ABC. I must reckon that my mum cooks nicer soups. (; After lunch, we accompanied Cai Ling to buy cookies from Famous Amos as she is going back to Seremban.

8/10

Cai Ling left and the three of us went to watch Phobia 2. Phobia 2 is a movie where you get five horror stories for the price of one. I was really freaked out even before the movie started. I'm sucker for horror movies but yeah, I'm a coward for it too. Stupid, it doesn't even sound logical.

Anyway, the five horror stories are Novice, Ward, Backpacker, Salvage and In The End.

The subjects vary from spiritual body-snatching to zombified refugees, the pacing from slow and lingering to fast and furious, the tones from creepy to comic. One thing's for sure, it's never monotonous.

They saved the best part for the last. It is ridiculously hilarious. Hysteria reigns as overactive imaginations and cliches collide. In The End is a horror story that actually makes you laugh. This is what we call hormedy. And my verdict is this hormedy is definitely better than Where Got Ghost.

Got pretty girl some more. Go watch. Highly recommended.

No comments: